Last few weeks, we had been working hard release of Turris OS version 3.7. It took a little bit longer time than we are used to when providing a new version. We are sorry for that.
On our way to milestone 3.7, we fixed a lot of hidden bugs. Many of them were found by our wonderful community so this version is as good as it is thanks to all of you! Thank you very much once again and let's take a look at changes and improvements:
- We have changed URL of Foris to /foris
- Foris now offers simple guest Wi-Fi setup! Read how to set it up!
- Foris now "speaks" Slovak, Polish and French. You can turn them on in "Updater" tab in Foris. If you want to teach Foris your own language, become a translator.
- OpenVPN server in Foris now has more options
- There is an experimental support for graphics cards (very geeky thing :D ) Let's play!
- Parental control features are slowly growing. Experimental support for new devices detection is here! You'll be notified about newly connected devices in Foris "Home" panel. Turn it on in "Updater" section.
- Migration to the new updater on Turris router 1.0 and 1.1 is here. This is very important for our long time loyal users of the legacy Turris 1.x in Czech Republic. The blue veteran is now on the same updater wave as Omnia! In case of problems while surfing between those two, ReadTheManual (it is in CS as Turris 1.x had been distributed in CZ only)
- New version of logging superhero syslog-ng is here. Learn what can you achieve together in an article written by Péter, one of the syslog-ng creators.
In following days, we will release 3.7.1 with some minor improvements and security fixes, OpenVPN 2.4.3 will be included.
Thank you for staying with us on a secure boat called Turris!
your Community Manager