Forum Turris
Fórum Turris Nápověda

Milí majitelé routerů Turris,

toto fórum bylo 9. 12. 2016 zmrazeno a nahrazeno naším novým Turris fórem. Ještě chvíli bude dostupné k prohlížení, ale již zde není možné přispívat. Více informací naleznete v oznámení o uzavření fóra.

Dear Turris routers users,

this forum has been frozen on Dec 9th, 2016 and replaced by our new Turris forum. It will be read-only accessible for some time after. For more information, read the announcement about closing the forum.

Nahoru Téma Public (EN only) / General Discussion / Connecting USB Disks (uzamčeno)
- - Od HeLy Dne 2016-11-22 16:10
Dear all

I am not an expert and I want to connect 2 USB Diskstations for Backup directly to the router. They should be fully accessible from all users the whole Workgroup "Workgroup" (the backups are encrypted). Filesystem is NTFS, but could be changed. OS of PC's is Win7 pro

But I am really unable to configure the router for sharing the Disks. Has anybody a manual for dummies?

Thanks in advance!

Heinz
Nadřazený - - Od MiSko_Omnia Dne 2016-11-23 09:45
Try this document (https://www.turris.cz/doc/cs/howto/nas). Of course you must use Google Translate, in this moment only in Czech. NTFS is little bit tricky, but FAT32 (tested) is very simple to connect. I recommand to use native Linux file system -Ext3 or Ext4 - instead NTFS for you backup needs.

You must setup mount point in LuCi (quite simple, automount works without glitch) and then create share. Try to start with some cheap flash memory.

Michal
Nadřazený - - Od HeLy Dne 2016-11-23 17:43
Thanks Michal!

... and "create share"

This is not clear to me, what should I write there in Name and Path
Nadřazený - - Od MiSko_Omnia Dne 2016-11-23 19:19
Believe me - I´m beginner in Linux and commnd line too. I forgot almost everything from my DOS times, many years ago. :-)

So let´s start with LuCi interface and plain FAT32 formated flashdisk. Insert disk and go (in LuCi) to System-Mount Points. You can see your disk in Mounted File Systems as "dev/sda1" or something. Now you must add Mount point (command "Add"): check "Enable", choose system by UUUI and define mount point (/mnt/flash or /mnt/myflash...) and finally "Save and Aply". Remember choosen mount point (e.g. /mnt/myflash1)!

Now you can create share in Samba. Go to Services-Network Shares. I´d recommand to change your hostname to more familiar (e.g. "turris" or "omnia"). Save and Apply. Add new share. Name it as you will (e.g. USB1 or "sharedflash"). Add your mount point (/mnt/myflash1). Check Allow Guests and maybe Read Only (if you can). Save and Apply. Voila! Now you can see in network new device (in my case "turris") and share (e.g. USB1) with the whole content of flash memory.

O. K. That´s only simple beginning. Primitive. But it works. :-)

NTFS is a bit more complex, but no rocket science. Hence NAS in czech language tips.

Michal
Nadřazený - Od HeLy Dne 2016-11-23 19:59
Perfect! So many thanks!

I arrived in the meantime also to a certain level, but then it wanted always a user/password to access the share, even if I had guest activated. No it works.

Next step are the NAS...
Nadřazený - Od HeLy Dne 2016-11-23 18:23
Remark: I want to share the whole stick, so I have choosen root file system at the mount point, I don't know which of the commands I should use:

mkdir -p /tmp/introot
mkdir -p /tmp/extroot
mount --bind / /tmp/introot
mount /dev/sda1 /tmp/extroot
tar -C /tmp/introot -cvf - . | tar -C /tmp/extroot -xf -
umount /tmp/introot
umount /tmp/extroot

.. You see I am really a beginner :confused:
Nahoru Téma Public (EN only) / General Discussion / Connecting USB Disks (uzamčeno)